Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: PS3 fanatics

  1. #21
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wal Mart in Norton only has 10 of them. And I do believe they're pretty much spoken for.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    that number isn't correct. The number is 12. 8 of the $599 and 4 of the $499 systems. They have the floor numbered off and already one person is in line

    [/ QUOTE ]

    2 people as of 4PM.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    Somebody needs to go up there and slap the [censored] out of those idiots.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    EBay restricts sale of PlayStation 3
    Only established vendors can list the consoles before its Nov. 17 ship date

    SAN JOSE, Calif. - People pining for the sleek PlayStation 3 gaming console might find shortages on eBay as well.

    The unfettered online marketplace for such items as Elvis memorabilia and Ferraris is imposing restrictions on the PS3, which is expected to become one of the hottest holiday gifts when it hits stores Friday.

    Only established eBay Inc. vendors "? those who have racked up comments from at least 50 previous customers and have positive ratings of at least 98 out of 100 points "? can list PS3s before Friday. Each vendor can only list only one PS3 per eBay account.

    The listing must include a photo of the pre-order receipt, and the seller must guarantee shipment within 30 days from the date of purchase. Before Friday, PS3s can be listed on eBay only in auction formats "? not as "buy it now" items.

    Potential buyers, trying to avoid long lines, rain checks and empty-handed sales clerks on Friday, have already bid up PS3s to $2,300. The suggested retail price is $500 for a basic PS3 with a 20-gigabyte drive and $600 for a version with 60 gigabytes, built-in wireless and a Blu-ray DVD player for high-definition video.

    Sony Corp., which has already delayed the PS3 launch twice, expects to have 400,000 PS3s available for its U.S. launch. EBay listed 3,144 PS3s or related items by Wednesday morning.

    The restrictions, part of eBay's standing policy for all "pre-sale" items, also apply to Nintendo Co.'s competing Wii console, which goes on sale Sunday. EBay had 2,354 listings for Wiis and related items.

    Microsoft Corp. launched its Xbox 360 console last year.

    "We've seen a history with highly anticipated game consoles in extremely short supply during their initial launch," eBay spokeswoman Catherine England said. "With the Xbox, we saw a high number of well-intentioned sellers unable to meet obligations due to restricted supply."

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    <<The suggested retail price is $500 for a basic PS3 with a 20-gigabyte drive and $600 for a version with 60 gigabytes, built-in wireless and a Blu-ray DVD player for high-definition video.>>
    I thought both came with the blu-ray player
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    as of 5:00, looks like all 8 spots are taken for the $599.00 systems
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    buddy of mine from college hit wally world around 4 today..
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #27
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    Somebody needs to go up there and slap the [censored] out of those idiots.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I came very very close...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    NSSB, will you go get in line for me. You can even use your own money for me if you would like. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    <<The suggested retail price is $500 for a basic PS3 with a 20-gigabyte drive and $600 for a version with 60 gigabytes, built-in wireless and a Blu-ray DVD player for high-definition video.>>
    I thought both came with the blu-ray player

    [/ QUOTE ]

    from the official site

    What is the difference between the $499 and $599 configurations?
    Both solutions include Blu-ray Disc the latest in high-definition* video, Bluetooth, four USB ports, 1080p video, HDMI**, and the advanced microprocessor, the Cell Broadband Engine. The difference between them, however, is that the $599 system includes Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash slots, Wi-Fi***, and a 60GB hard disk drive (HDD), whereas the $499 system comes with a 20GB HDD.


    Also I heard the $499 system doesn't have the HDMI output which kind of defeats some of the Blu-Ray benefits. It will still look great though
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    Resident Evil 5 will also be released on the PS3. That will be something to look forward to.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, Resident Evil 5 should be pretty amazing. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    I think the thing that really made Resident Evil 4 rock was the fact that it took over a completely new system of control instead of those "tank"-like controls in the original game that were so frustrating to use.

    I remember I always loved Resident Evil 2 because of the many gruesome scenes (the zombie attack on the gun shop was very memorable for me because I never expect games to seem so realistic and violent), but I never really got very far in it or even got hookedon it because it was a really frustrating game to play.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Did anyone else watch the video where they talked to the kid in the tent, he needs to get to the arcade and hit the Dance Dance Revolution game for about 30 minutes a day.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    LMFAO, I wasn't going to say anything at first in fear of offending someone, but I couldn't help but think the same thing. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    He pretty much DEFINES "Ub3r n3rd!"
    Officially retired

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •